“If the dream is big enough facts no longer matter.”
FACT: Caleb was 85 yrs. old – didn’t matter.
FACT: He was going to have to go to war to get his land – didn’t matter
FACT: There were GIANTS in his land – didn’t matter
Look what Caleb says at 85.
Joshua 14:11 Yet I am as strong today as I was the day Moses sent me; as my strength was then, so is my strength now for war and to go out and to come in.12 So now give me this hill country of which the Lord spoke that day. For you heard then how the [giantlike] Anakim were there and that the cities were great and fortified; if the Lord will be with me, I shall drive them out just as the Lord said.
Here are 2 points I want you to see today regarding your dreams.
1. You are going to have to fight, there is going to be a battle to get your dream fulfilled.
Let me ask you, “What are the giants that are keeping you from your dream?”
2. You are going to believe there is no doubt in your mind that you WILL defeat whatever gets in the way of your dream.
Here are 3 common Giant Stoppers:
1. Giant of opposition – you will always have critics. You know why critical people make horrible leaders? They have no vision. They don’t know how to dream because they are too busy trying to ruin yours. Shut down this giant.
2. Giant of Failure - Henry Ford/Failed, Walt Disney/Failed in the beginning. You and I will not succeed every time we attempt. But as we keep our eye on the dream, we will never quit, we will learn and continue in forward movement. “Dreams are RENEWABLE!”
3. Giant of Mediocrity – The dream does not happen quick enough, seems like it may never happen. What do we do? “Oh, I guess I am OK where I am. That was just a silly dream anyway!” Here me out, “Mediocrity is easy, going above and beyond leaves us with bumps and bruises.”
Let me conclude with this: FOCUS on your POTENTIAL and not your PESSIMISM. Don’t speak CAN’T into your life, into your spirit. We all have potential that can take us above and beyond anything we could ever think or imagine. Have “Caleb Courage!”
God says, “It’s your land but you are going to have to evict the Giants. We have to walk by Revelation and not the situation(GIANT) we are facing.” (That’ll Preach!!!!)
Caleb said, I shall DRIVE them out just as the Lord said. Just like God helped Gideon with 300, gave Moses courage to rescue the chosen people, helped Daniel sleep with lions, gave David a stone and a sling….
Get up out of your seat and take back that dream today!
C/O Blake Porter